Developer Advocate- UK
Postman is one of the largest developer platforms in the world with 7+ million users on our API development platform. Growing from a side-project in 2012, Postman today is the standard for API tools across every company and development team.
We believe that building a strong community and investing in their success is essential to our own success as a company. We are looking for a talented and hard-working advocate to join our Developer Relations team.
In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively within the Developer Relations team to drive API better practices throughout the broader API ecosystem. In addition to advocacy, you will also have shared responsibilities for user education and community engagement.
Strong preference will be given to candidates based in London and other major tech centers in Europe.
- Engage with various kinds of Postman users (including developers, testers, architects, and more) to understand their perspectives, workflows, and use cases.
- Drive API better practices by creating blog and video content, developing code samples and open source tools, and/or speaking at events
- Assist with Postman documentation, tutorials, and other education efforts within DevRel
- Assist with Postman forum management, events, and other community engagement within DevRel
- Build and nurture relationships with Postman champions and other community leaders
- Dogfood Postman technology, and interpret user data and community feedback, to drive insights and assist product development
- Represent the company online and at events
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of Postman and its products
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally and across diverse geographies and leveraging remote teaming technologies
- Demonstrated experience working with developer communities and APIs
- Two years of programming experience, or a willingness and aptitude for learning technology
- Experience making data-driven decisions.
- Able to work long hours and weekends when needed
- Able to travel, including international
We offer a competitive salary, and equity participation, What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in autonomous small teams for maximum impact; that strives for organizational growth to align with that of the individual; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves and where ideas are encouraged from anyone and everyone. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who not only understand the challenge but can also solve this for the rest of the world. Be a part of something big.